Help save a great American icon, the wild horses of America, the American Mustang. Mowdy Ranch is the second ecotourism ranch established in the United States by the Bureau of Land Management of the U.S. Department of the Interior to help save the great American Mustang by promoting awareness and encouraging support and adoption of these beautiful animals. Mowdy Ranch is proud to announce our 2017 Horse Camp, a weekend long event featuring trail rides, activities and Wild Horse Adoption. A trail ride for different skill levels will be offered. Whether you are a beginner rider or a seasoned rider, we have a trail for you.
The Mowdy Ranch Horse Camp Trail Ride will wind through Mowdy Ranch, which is located 10 miles NE of Coalgate, Oklahoma. Riders will navigate trails up the rocky hills and down into the heavily wooded creek bottoms. All of the wild horses on property will be moved to adjacent pastures and will be viewable but kept from contact with your domestic horses. All of the mustangs will be visible to the participants so bring your camera. We offer you a chance to ride among nature with nothing but the sound of the birds and wind to interrupt your thoughts.
All proceeds from the event goes towards the care and maintenance of these beautiful animals on property. Millions of these wild horse once roamed this country, but the press of civilization now limits the land available for these horses. When their numbers get too great, the BLM is forced to capture and move horses to ranches like Mowdy Ranch where they are allowed to live and run free for the rest of their lives. Unfortunately ranches willing to take these beautiful horses are few and limited. Your help is needed to insure the continued existence of the wild mustangs. Thanks for your help. We hope to see you at the ranch.
BRING YOUR OWN HORSE, HORSES WILL NOT BE PROVIDED FOR TRAIL RIDES.
HOW TO SIGN UP:
REGISTER ONLINE NOW
• Register online through October ??
• Online Registration closes October ??, 8:00pm
• Offering Sign Up on the Day of Event. Save $10 by signing up Online.
• HORSE & RIDER - $50 online / $60 at the gate (CASH ONLY)
(Includes: 2 Nights Camping, Commemorative Cup, Bandanna, Goodie Bag & ALL MEALS)
Shirts, Hats & Extra Bandannas Available through Online Purchase
• NON-RIDERS - $20 online / $30 at the gate (CASH ONLY)
(Includes: 2 Nights Camping, Commemorative Cup & ALL MEALS)
Shirts, Hats & Bandannas Available through Online Purchase
• FREE PARKING & CAMPING SPOTS
• SHIRTS, BANDANNAS & HATS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE WITH ONLINE REGISTRATION
SHIRTS, BANDANNAS, EXTRA CUPS & HATS WILL BE OFFERED AT EVENT ON CASH ONLY BASIS. LIMITED SUPPLIES.
ARRIVAL & CHECK-IN:
Friday - 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday - 6:00am - 8:00am
??: FRIDAY - Check In 4pm - 10pm
??: SATURDAY - ALL DAY EVENT
??: SUNDAY - Sunrise Service & Check Out
The undersigned hereby releases and discharges Mowdy Ranch, Clay Mowdy and Kit Mowdy, the owners of Mowdy Ranch, from any and all claims the undersigned may have against them by virtue of any injury or damage resulting from the undersign's participation in the trail ride on October 20-22, 2017 and the activities associated therewith. The undersigned understands:
Trail riding is a hazardous activity. Other horses could cause you to get hurt or hurt you. The trails on Mowdy Ranch have plenty of rocks, roots, stumps and other tripping hazards. There are stream crossings with stepping-stones. The trail are narrow at times and have low overhanging branches. There might be poison ivy, ticks, bugs, bees, snakes and other woodsy things you find in the great outdoors. Wind and rain may create mud holes, fell trees and limbs and create hazards that we don’t even know about. If we know about a hazard, we will try to warn you, but there may be hazards we don’t know about and therefore can’t warn you. You’re on your own. So be careful, you are accepting all these risks; known and unknown.
The ranch houses approximately 150 mustangs from various federal lands. The mustangs will be gathered into adjacent pastures and will not be in the pastures where the trail ride will be located. As we want to keep the mustangs from being contaminated with any outside diseases or illnesses(or vice versa) all horses that are participating in the trail ride must have current vet papers and current Coggins test. We will provide fresh water for all horses at the camp ground and request that you water your horse from the fresh water and not allow them to water in the creeks or ponds on the ranch.
Having been advised of the above, and even though you might get hurt or lost, you’re agreeing to this release because you want to bring your horse and ride the trails and participate in all the activities. You are therefore releasing and discharging the owners of Mowdy Ranch, Clay Mowdy and Kit Mowdy singularly and collectively and all volunteers and sponsors if you get hurt because you know that trail riding is a high-risk activity.
When you agree to participate in the trail ride you are certifying that you are physically fit, responsible for your own actions ,and have sufficiently trained for an event of this nature. In other words, you won’t sue any of the people or groups responsible for this trail ride if you get hurt. And if you are under 18, then your parent or guardian is signing this release.
• FAMILY FRIENDLY
• FREE PARKING & CAMPING SPOTS
• FRIDAY NIGHT CAMP OUT
• CAMP GROUND BREAKFAST
• 2 SEPERATE MORNING TRAIL RIDES
• MORNING NATURE TRAIL HIKE
• MORNING HAYRIDE
• WILD HORSE ADOPTION (THROUGHOUT THE EVENT)
• CAMP GROUND LUNCH
• PUMPKIN CARVING COTEST
• 2 SEPERATE EVENING TRAIL RIDES
• EVENING NATURE TRAIL HIKE
• EVENING HAYRIDE
• EVENING MEAL & BONFIRE
• MUSIC & ENTERTAINMENT AROUND THE CAMPFIRE
• SATURDAY NIGHT CAMP OUT
• SUNDAY SUNRISE SERVICE & CHECK OUT
• SUNDAY MORNING FAT ASS RUN (TRAIL RUNNERS ONLY, NO HORSES)
• LAST BUT NOT LEAST, A TRULY INSPIRATIONAL AND UNFORGETTABLE EXPERIENCE
REMINDER: ONLINE REGISTRATION CLOSES OCTOBER 2ND, 8:00PM!
REGISTER ONLINE NOW
• Bring your own horse, a horse WILL NOT be provided for you to ride.
• You MUST present a current 7 Day Health Certificate & Current Coggins Test for each horse you are bringing.
NO EXCEPTIONS! ALL HEALTH PAPERS MUST BE CURRENT AND IN ORDER TO ENTER THE PROPERTY!
• DO NOT WATER YOUR HORSE IN THE POND. To control the spread of any possible disease we request that you NOT water your horse from any ponds or creeks on the property. This is for the safety of your horse as well as for the wild mustangs. We will provide clean water for your horse but you must bring your own bucket or watering trough and your own hay. A communal watering trough WILL NOT be provided, in order to control the spread of any communicable diseases.
• Kickers or Green horses need to be flagged to prevent potential accidents.
• You are responsible for your OWN HORSE.
• The camp grounds sit on a ridge with beautiful views in all directions, there will be plenty of room for trailers, temporary corrals as well as tents.
• We will provide CLEAN drinking water for you and your horses.
• Our camp grounds are primitive & WILL NOT have running water or electricity.
• Port-a-potties will be provided at the camp sight.
• No need to reserve a camp sight, just come early and pick your spot!
• We are a family friendly event and request that any alchohol is limited to the camp grounds and will not be allowed during the trail rides. Please consume responsibly.
• We prefer that folks make arrangements to keep their dogs at home but, IF you must, we ask that they be on a leash at all times and stay within the campgrounds. We are a pet friendly location but we must use caution to ensure the safety of your dogs, the other horses and riders as well as the safety of our mustangs.
• The BLM will have approximately 6 mustangs up for adoption during our event.
• These horses will be set up in a seperate corral at the camp grounds for everyone to see throughout the event.
• The BLM will be having presentations throughout the day as well as being on hand to answer any questions.
• These horses will be ready to go home with those who choose to adopt, so make sure to plan on having room in your trailer if you plan to adopt.
• For more details about this adotion process >CLICK HERE<
• No horse needed for this ride.
• Hayrides will be available at scheduled times on Saturday morning and evening.
• The hayride will wind through part of the ranch and end up inside the 40 acre area where the wild mustangs will be kept. This will be the best opportinity for photography and a close up look at the mustangs in their natural environment. Nowhere else during the event will you be able to get this close to these majestic animals.
• NO riding on trails outside of guided tours. Riding within site of campgrounds on Whitetail Ridge is permited.
• The North trail and The South trail are each approximately 7 miles long. They wind through woods, creek bottoms, along rocky ridges and across grassy prairies and meadows. Some of the terrain may be rugged (steep and big rocks), but most will be easily negotiable on horse back. Some of the trails are single track and some will be wide enough to ride side by side. There is lots of diversity and beautiful country to see. We plan to divide into two groups, each group will ride one trail in the morning then switch and ride the other trail in the afternoon. NO alchoholic beverages allowed on the trail rides.
• NATURE HIKES - There will be guided nature hikes on Saturday morning and evening. This will be an easy going activity that will be open to all ages. Approximately 3 miles of hiking through the beautiful landscape amongst the oncoming autumn colors and the shear beauty of nature. All you will need is your hiking shoes, a bottle of water and a love for the outdoors. There will not be any horses on this hike. For an up-close look at the mustangs make sure to go on the hayride.
• FAT ASS RUN - For all the runners who would like to come to this event. Along with the nature hikes on Saturday we will have a fat ass run on the trails Sunday morning before checkout. If you are unfamiliar with a "fat ass" run, it basically is an "UNMARKED" run with NO aid stations or any other conveniences other than a hearty jaunt along our existing trails. Watch out for horse buscuits as they will be abundant the day after the trail rides. Have fun.
VIEW - Mowdy Ranch Horse Camp TRAIL RIDE MAP
BIO-SECURITY REMINDER: TO CONTROL THE SPREAD OF ANY POSSIBLE DISEASE WE REQUEST THAT YOU NOT WATER YOUR HORSE FROM THE PONDS AND CREEKS ON THE PROPERTY. THIS IS FOR THE SAFETY OF YOUR HORSES AND THE WILD MUSTANGS ON THE PROPERTY. WE WILL PROVIDE CLEAN WATER FOR YOU AND YOUR HORSES. THANK YOU AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU AT THE RANCH.
ONCE AGAIN, ALL HEALTH PAPERS MUST BE CURRENT AND IN ORDER TO ENTER THE PROPERTY.
Online Registration cut off is Monday October 2nd, 8pm.
ON EVENT DAY you can Register with CASH ONLY
CASH ONLY on event day purchases.
We require each person entering the property to sign a release of liability.
FAMILY FRIENDLY - We ask that you please refrain from any behavior that could threaten the safety of others.
TO GUARANTEE SHIRT & BANDANNA
YOU MUST REGISTER Online by OCTOBER 2nd.
REGISTER ONLINE NOW
Any extra shirts, cups or bandannas will be SOLD on a first come basis at the event (CASH ONLY).
Contact Mowdy Ranch for more information email firstname.lastname@example.org